Do my dreams mean anything? How do I know the dream I just had was from the Lord? More often than not, these are the questions we ask ourselves after we have dreamt. God, in His infinite mercy, has already provided us with the answers to these questions.
As God’s own, you will experience all or either of the following in your dream:
- Divine visitation: Do you remember feeling the focus of God on you in such a way that clears away every long outstanding issue in your life that has hitherto defied solutions? The Bible says that the Lord visited Jacob while he was sleeping. He dreamt that the angels of God were ascending and descending via a ladder, seeing the Lord standing above it. In the dream, the Lord made him some promises and blessed him. When you receive divine visitation through your dream, you know that the heavens and the earth have collaborated about issues concerning your life and the subject matter of your dream is about to turn into reality.
- Divine conversation: Through dreams, you can communicate with God. We are told of how God spoke to Jacob in Genesis 28:13-15 and how in 2 chronicles 1:6-12, after Solomon had offered a 1000 offering to God, God appeared to him and asked what he shall give thee. When Solomon woke up, he realized that it was a dream. When you have conversed with God, you would never feel fear, trepidation, stress or worry, but instead you would have feelings of peace and happiness.
- Divine revelation: Dreams open doors to revelation of the future; things yet to come. The Bible says in Numbers 12:6 that:
And he said, Hear now my words: If there be a prophet among you, I the Lord will make myself known unto him in a vision, and will speak unto him in a dream.
With divine revelation, you are offered insights into everyday realities and provided chances to transcend them by connecting the heavenly and earthly, the present and the unknown future.
- Divine guidance: Through dreams, we are divinely guided and directed. The Bible says that when Mary was pregnant through the intervention of the Holy Spirit; Joseph had dreams where he received guidance on how to protect Jesus. The book of Matthew says:
An angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream and said, ‘Do not be afraid to take Mary as your wife’” (Matthew 1:20). After that an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in three more dreams. In the first the angel says, “Get up, take the child and his mother, and flee to Egypt” (Matthew 2:13). In the second the angels say, “Get up, take the child and his mother, and go to the land of Israel,” (Matthew 2:20). And in the final dream, after warning him, the angel sends Joseph “away to the district of Galilee” (Matthew 2:22).
The three wise men were also directed in a dream not to return to Herod.
With divine guidance, you are given the road map to know the right steps to take for your dream to come into existence. You know how to resolve the knotty issues before you and overcome difficult situations.
- Divine warning: God also warns us through our dreams so that we are notified of our faults and given instructions on best ways to move forward from these faults. Genesis 20:1-18 makes us know about how God warned Abimelech in a dream in respect of Abraham’s wife. The Bible says:
And Abraham journeyed from thence toward the south country, and dwelled between Kadesh and Shur, and sojourned in Gerar. 2 And Abraham said of Sarah his wife, She is my sister: and Abimelech king of Gerar sent, and took Sarah. 3 But God came to Abimelech in a dream by night, and said to him, Behold, thou art but a dead man, for the woman which thou hast taken; for she is a man’s wife. 4 But Abimelech had not come near her: and he said, Lord, wilt thou slay also a righteous nation? 5 Said he not unto me, She is my sister? and she, even she herself said, He is my brother: in the integrity of my heart and innocency of my hands have I done this. 6 And God said unto him in a dream, Yea, I know that thou didst this in the integrity of thy heart; for I also withheld thee from sinning against me: therefore suffered I thee not to touch her. 7 Now therefore restore the man his wife; for he is a prophet, and he shall pray for thee, and thou shalt live: and if thou restore her not, know thou that thou shalt surely die, thou, and all that are thine. 8 Therefore Abimelech rose early in the morning, and called all his servants, and told all these things in their ears: and the men were sore afraid.
Dreams come to us unbidden, unannounced, unexpected. They indeed bring us something fully new, unfamiliar, unknown. They summon us to get up and go where we have never gone before and do what we have never done before.
Do you desire a divine visitation, conversation, revelation, guidance and warning from the Lord in your life through dreams but you are not born again? If so, we encourage you to say this simple prayer in faith:
Lord, I believe you want the best for me that’s why you sent your son Jesus to die for my sins. Today, I ask that you forgive me, cleanse me by the blood and make me yours. In Jesus name. Amen.
If you said that prayer, you are now a Born Again and a Child of God. We encourage you to contact us, let us know who you are and consider joining our Church. For any life challenges that you may have questions on, please visit www.peggyangeiholisticonsultant.com to book an appointment for a 15-minute discovery call. You can also visit our associated website at www.africaangel.com for great products to help boost your immune system.
Also, if you have been blessed by this message, we encourage you to subscribe to our mailing list using the subscription pop-up on our website. It is free and you can unsubscribe at any time. In addition, you can submit your prayer requests, testimonies, give to the work of God’s Kingdom through this Ministry or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube using the respective links.
Have a blessed and Holy Spirit filled week ahead in Jesus name!