Isn’t it wonderful how the Bible touches on everything concerning the lives of human beings including our dreams? The Bible describes dream as a vision of the night. Job 33 vs 15 says: “At night when people are asleep, God speaks in dreams and visions”. Also, dream could be a cherished aspiration, ambition or idea. Dreams come from multitude of businesses, and what you think about during the day will possibly determine what you dream of at night.
In the middle 90’s, only few people were able to afford a pair of shoes in a remote village. A bishop from the city visited the village and as he was entering the village, children of the village and the youths lined up to welcome him. As he was stepping down from his luxurious car, there was a little boy who was gazing at the bishop’s black shining shoes. As the boy returned home from the scene, he said to his mother; “Mum! I want to become a bishop so that I can put on black shining shoes and people can celebrate me upon my entering the village too”. Who could have believed that the young little boy who had the dream of becoming a bishop planted in him that day eventually became the general overseer of a globally-renowned church? This then little boy, now general overseer, visited his village and as he was entering the village, the students of the village and every other person lined up to welcome him while the hunters were shooting their guns up in celebration of his visitation. As he was stepping down from his car with his black shining shoes, he remembered the dream he had while he was a little boy. May all your pending good dreams come to fruition in Jesus name (Amen).
However, it must be noted that not all dreams come to pass but the dream that comes from God will always come to pass. Your dreams of success will come to pass in Jesus name (amen). In Gen. 37 vs 5-11, the Bible says:
“Joseph had a dream, and when he told it to his brothers, they hated him all the more. He said to them, “Listen to this dream I had: We were binding sheaves of grain out in the field when suddenly my sheaf rose and stood upright, while your sheaves gathered around mine and bowed down to it.” His brothers said to him, “Do you intend to reign over us? Will you actually rule us?” And they hated him all the more because of his dream and what he had said. Then he had another dream, and he told it to his brothers. “Listen,” he said, “I had another dream, and this time the sun and moon and eleven stars were bowing down to me.” When he told his father as well as his brothers, his father rebuked him and said, “What is this dream you had? Will your mother and I and your brothers actually come and bow down to the ground before you?” His brothers were jealous of him, but his father kept the matter in mind” (NIV).
Joseph had two impossible dreams; last child becoming a ruler but the dreams eventually came to pass in Gen. 50. No matter how great or seemingly small your dreams are, they will come to pass in Jesus name (Amen). In Gen. 28; 15-17, Jacob had a dream and it came to pass in Gen. 32; 9-10, God had increased him. Dreams constitute an essential ingredient that enables you to fulfill your destiny. It is a spiritual monitor that gives vital communication about your destiny. Most times, God gives us dreams that reflect divine emphasis for our lives just like Joseph’s dreams. Your dreams are your greatest assets and your most potent weapon in life. Great dreams will make you jump obstacles, overcome stumbling blocks and then bounce back to reckoning. Even if you’re surrounded by thousands of enemies, you will become unconquerable if you can hold on to that childhood or old age dream depending on when God visited you. You will rise up gallantly and crush every opposition when you are focused on your dreams. You will turn adversities to opportunities for your divine breakthrough and advancement. No power on earth or from the pit of hell can intimidate you when you hold on to your dreams tenaciously by the power of the Holy Spirit.
How do I fulfill my Dreams?
For your dreams to be fulfilled, you must;
- Be Patient: The Bible mentions a lot of instances where patience plays a significant role in helping biblical characters achieve their dreams. The book of 1 Samuel 16 vs 12-13 discusses how David was anointed to be a king, but would have to run for his life fifteen years in the wilderness before rising to the throne. Joseph waited over 13 years before he became the Prime Minster of Egypt. Moses waited 40 years before he had his divine encounter with the flaming voice of God. John 5 vs 2-9 tells us that the man by the pool of Bethesda waited for 35 years in order for his dream to come to pass. Act 3 vs 1-11 talks about how the lame man by the beautiful gate waited for years before he got healed. 2 king 4 vs 1-7 states that the widow of the sons of prophet had a dream that one day she would be cleared of her debt. In 2013, Tom Holland, the famous actor known as Spider-man, was asked what superhero he would want to play. He said this. “Maybe Spider-man in like 10 years time…the reboot of the reboot, if they made one.” Guess what! the reboot of the reboot was fast-tracked, and he started playing the role of Peter Parker/Spider-Man in 2016 — 3 years later, instead of 10. For everyone waiting upon the Lord about when their healing will come, I prophesy into your life that today your healing will come. For those who have been saying that one day, I will celebrate, I will dance, I will become this and I will become that; may your dreams come to pass today in Jesus name (Amen).
While waiting for your dream to come to fruition, you will be tested in various ways. Again, the Bible has already prepared us for this Gen. 39 vs 7-12 tells us about how Potiphar’s wife came disturbing Joseph; asking him to lie with her in bed but Joseph refused. If Joseph had lain with her, his dream of ruling might have been truncated by that act of fornication. So, while waiting for your dream to come through, tests and distractions will come your way but all you have to do is to keep your eyes up on your goals.
- Have the right people: People play a significant role in helping us to actualize our dreams. While Joseph was in prison, he met with Pharoah’s cupbearer and baker (Genesis 39:22-23). These people were rightly significant in the actualization of Joseph’s dreams. Jim Collins said in his book; Good to Great, “People are not your most important asset. The right people are. Get the right people on the bus, the wrong people off the bus, and the right people in the right seats.” Irrespective of the kind of dream that you have, having the right people will help you achieve them. There is an old saying which still holds truth that “show me your friend and I will tell you who you are.” The Bible says in Proverbs 13:20 that whoever walks with the wise becomes wise, but the companion of fools will suffer harm. The company you keep will often shape the direction of where you go in life. A true friend is someone happy to be a stepping stone, but willing to be a stumbling block to protect us. In order to fulfill His purposes, God will use those who hold influence within our lives. Dreams will often need the services of a butler who knows how to open doors. Dreams will often need the skill of a baker to accurately discern the right ingredients. Dreams will often await the backing of a Pharoah who has the ability to finance the dream. Realized dreams are rarely ever celebrated alone.
Successful achievers are simply people who are decisive and focused on the assignment while others delay. Decide today to hear what others do not hear, see what others do not see by connecting yourself back to the source of existence, the person of the Holy Spirit.
And if you have made up your mind to do that, please pray these prayers:
- I destroy the gate of violent spirit working against my God given destiny, against my divine assignment on the earth right now and this moment in the name of Jesus Christ.
- I pull down every gate of violent spirit from my father’s house, from my mother’s house and from the four corners of the universe and I decree and declare from this day that the four winds of the universe shall no longer cooperate from today with the enemies of my glorious destiny.
- I arise and step into my divine assignment and divine inheritance. Let my portion be released to me right now in the mighty name of Jesus.
- Every demonic chain holding my divine purpose on this earth, I command you to be uprooted from your roots by the power that raised Jesus from the dead.
- Any grave cloth placed upon my destiny from my mother’s womb, today, just as the grave cloth from Lazarus was removed by the command of our Lord Jesus Christ and his brethren untied him, I invoke the assistance of the host of heaven, the sword of Michael, Raphael, Uriel, Gabriel the ministering servants assigned to assist me as the heir of salvation, to tear and burn to ashes by the fire of the Holy Spirit.
- I am free to become that which God has ordained me to be. I am a winner, I’m more than a conqueror. Christ in me has given me victory. I rule and reign in the midst of my enemies now and forever.
- I seal this prayer up by the blood of Jesus Christ and by the word of my testimony. In Jesus name, it is done.
In conclusion, in order for your dream to come to reality, you must be connected to God, be patient and associate with the right people. There is no use for a sinner to be dreaming big because it will amount to nought, unless you come to Jesus and he saves your soul, then, your dream will end up gloriously.
Our vision at United Nations Pentecostal Church, New York is to bring the ministry of health, healing, and wholeness to the entire body of Christ using natural herbs, fruits, seeds, trees, and the wisdom of God. There are foods classified as edible which we need to focus on. From 3 John 1:2, we understand that the will of God is for us all to live in good health and prosper. God has anointed our Senior Pastors, Pastor (Dr.) Daniel and Prophetess Patience Omarejedje, with divine wisdom and a healing ministry to bring this message of healing to his people. As we saw in 2 Kings 20:1-11, the Holy Spirit brought healing and long life to King Hezekiah through the wisdom of God revealed through Prophet Isaiah.
Our Creator has a lot to say about nutrition, and the need for a lifestyle change. His principle on nutrition is as valuable today as they were thousands of years ago. After all, who knows better what we must eat to be healthy to pursue our career, relationship, health, finance, spirituality goals than He who created and formed us in our mother’s womb? (Jeremiah 1:5).
In addition to the Ministry of the Word through our Church, Pastor Daniel and Prophetess Patience Omarejedje also run Africa Angel Inc, a natural health store, and Peggy Angel Holistic Consults, a health and wholeness consultation firm. These businesses, combined with our Ministry, provide an effective three-pronged approach to the issue of health and wholeness for the body of Christ. We encourage you to visit these websites today.
The same Holy Spirit that used Prophet Isaiah to heal King Hezekiah using herbs and natural products is still at work. Through His leading, He can show us what to eat and what not to eat to heal and turn us into the best versions of ourselves.
Do you desire to experience the healing power of the Spirit in your life but are not born again? If so, we encourage you to say this simple prayer in faith:
Lord, I believe you want the best for me. That is why you sent your son Jesus to die for my sins. Today, I ask that you forgive me, cleanse me by the blood and make me yours in Jesus name. Amen.
If you said that prayer, you are now Born Again and a Child of God. We encourage you to contact us, let us know who you are and consider joining our Church.
Also, if you have been blessed by this message, we encourage you to subscribe to our mailing list using the subscription pop-up on our website. It is free and you can unsubscribe at any time. In addition, you can submit your prayer requests, testimonies, give to the work of God’s Kingdom through this Ministry or connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube using the respective links.
Have a blessed and Holy Spirit filled week ahead in Jesus name.